Thursday, April 26, 2007

Day 4


SIN OF THE DAY: 1 STARBUCKS MANGO SMOOTHIE


Feeling better today,
I think the cravings are dying down.
There is one big problem though... calorie counting.



I have never ever counted a calorie, but it is surprising in our ' size zero' society that calories aren't on everything yet.

I decided that if I am to live this lifestyle for a month I should try to live as normal of a life as possible. With that thought I rushed out of class, and before I knew it I was ordering a mango ice smoothie and a granola cake from Starbucks.

When I awoke from this sudden laps in concentration I realised that I didn’t know how many calories were in my cake, so I asked (and looked like a prat) it took them over 20 minutes to find the nutritional information.

Surprising, as one of the biggest chains in the world, rivalling Mc Donald’s, they were un prepared to give me relevant nutritional information. Now some of you out there will be feeling a little de-javu, and you would be correct too, because it was Morgan Spurlock's famous 'Super size me' documentary in 2004 where he found himself in the same situation under the 'golden gates' of Mc Donald’s.

With all of its critical acclaim three years ago, one would assume that corporations would take heed from this very embarrassing situation. But no, they are still un prepared; I give the poor cashier kudos for finding the information, and my local Starbucks chain for actually having the breakdown of ingredients and calories.

And I know your all wondering.... it was 470 calories!

No comments: